If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I was young, each birthday my mother would bring a container of cupcakes up to the school at recess, to share with the class. For my first 'post-gluten-free' birthday, I made these lemon cupcakes, sweetened with maple syrup.
Light and moist, just like those which saw the class jump from their seats quite some years ago now. —KateAlice.
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup millet flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F and have 12 cupcake liners ready on a tray
- In a medium sized bowl, use a whisk or fork to combine the almond flour, millet flour, cream of tartar and baking soda
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, grapeseed oil, maple syrup, and lemon zest
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and stir until just combined to a slightly thick batter
- Drop 1-2 tablespoons of batter into each cupcake cup. Place in the oven and bake for 12 minutes. Put them on a cooling rack before icing or topping.
The Sauce Savior
What to do when everyone has a task but you
The sauce savior.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
It's time to travel.
Put cake on a pedestal.