If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This stemmed from a basic mustard chicken recipe in a widely published cookbook. I set out to create a lighter version and this is what happened! - heathercummins
- 4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper, for seasoning
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons thyme, dried/ground
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Sprinkle chicken with a bit of olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Combine 2 TBS olive oil with mustard, reserving 2 tsp mustard for glaze. In a separate dish, combine remaining 2 TBS olive oil with bread crumbs and thyme, season bread mixture with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 TBS olive oil over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken, until crispy for about 2 1/2 minutes each side. Remove from heat, place in shallow baking dish. Smear each breast with mustard mixture, spread a thin layer of bread crumbs onto chicken. Turn chicken over, repeat both steps.
- Place baking dish in the oven, roast until chicken is cooked through and the top is golden brown, 15-20 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, mix together remaining 2 tsp Dijon and the sour cream. Stir until well-combined. Simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes until warm.
- Place sour cream mixture on center of plate or platter in a very thin layer. Transfer the chicken to plates or serving platter on top of cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken with Mustard
Recipe of the Day
Strawberry, Rhubarb, and Lime Popsicles
Shop Spring Cleaning
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
The Best Cinnamon Rolls