Author Notes: This is not really a recipe but its one of my favorite comfort foods. There are two ways that I like to do it, sweet by drizzling some honey over the ricotta and savory with a really good sea salt and pepper. Here is the savory version. Feel free to drizzle some honey over it instead of the salt and pepper. I am going to make it on a slices of Miche and really good honey that I picked up from the Terminal Market in Philadelphia. - adamnsvetcooking
- 4 Slices of a really good baguette, or 2 slices of a really good sour dough
- olive oil
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Really good pepper (I like grains of paradise)
- 3 or 4 heaping spoon fulls of ricotta cheese (don't go for the low fat or the fat free version)
- Lightly toast the baguette slices in a 350F oven. Drizzle little bit of olive oil and smear the slices with the ricotta. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil again. Broil the ricotta covered slices until slightly golden (~ 5 mins or so).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta