Author Notes: After realizing I was running low of Bailey's the other night, I decided to make my own homemade Irish Cream. I also found a tub of ricotta that was due to expire. Voila I decided to make this easy, simple yet rich and indulgent creamy Ricotta White Chocolate Irish Cream Pie! This would be lovely with an espresso! - JessLum
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Stir together butter and sugar in a medium bowl, till well incorporated
- Stir in yolk. Add flour and salt, and stir or mix with hands until mixture is dry and crumbly.
- Press dough into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie dish.
- Bake, rotating halfway through, just until crust turns golden brown, 20 to 22 minutes. Let cool in dish on a wire rack.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 ounces white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cups ricotta
- 1/3 cup Irish Cream
- 1/3 cup cream cheese - softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- Combine the water with the sugar in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool.
- 2) Add white chocolate to a double boiler over simmering water until melted.
- Add ricotta and cream cheese into a food processor, pulse until smooth.
- Add egg and egg yolks, incorporating one at a time. Add Irish Cream
- Slowly drizzle in simple syrup through feeding tube.
- Fill pie pan with filling mixture and bake for 30-35 minutes or until almost baked through (slightly jiggling in the middle)
- Let cool on wire rack in pan. Serve at room temp or slightly chilled.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta