If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The day I discovered how to make my own ricotta was the most inspiring day. I am such a scientist at heart,even though as an undergrad I majored in English because my mother told me everyone needed to know how to write. Making the ricotta took me back to my days in chemistry class, as I poured the vinegar into the heated pot of milk and the curds instantly began to form. What a treat for an ol' science geek. Hope you enjoy this simple spread! - Table9
- 1 cup Homemade Ricotta
- 1 tablespoon Whole Milk (add more if ricotta mixture seems dry)
- 3 ounces Feta Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Local Honey
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Thyme, Finely Chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- With a hand mixer, whip together the ricotta, feta and milk until smooth. Add the sea salt and 1/2 teaspoon of thyme. Place ricotta spread in a serving dish. Sprinkle remaining thyme, black pepper and drizzle with honey to complete. Serve with toast, apples and berries or enjoy on a grilled veggie sandwich!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta