Author Notes: This is an endlessly adaptable recipe you can make with different herbs, cheeses, etc., and is so easy to make on any morning. I happened to have Gryuere cheese on hand, and I love the smoky flavor of ham and cheese. The yogurt gives it heft and tang. You could use some cream cheese mixed with a little milk if you don't have yogurt, or even some sour cream. Don't be shy with the smoked paprika. - Burnt Offerings
- 2 slices of prosciutto from a 2.5 oz. pkg.
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 2 heaping TBL Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup Grated Gruyere cheese, plus more for sprinkling on top
- pinches salt - the cheese and prosciutto have a lot of salt, so not much needed
- 4 grinds of freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon or more - good smoked paprika
- Heat the oven to 400' and butter two, 6 oz. baking ramekins
- Whisk together the eggs, egg white, yogurt, cheese, salt and pepper until very smooth
- Lay a slice of prosciutto in the ramekin, letting the edges extend over the rim of the ramekins.
- Divide the egg mixture equally between the ramekins
- Sprinkle the top liberally with some extra Gryuere cheese and smoked paprika.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until puffed and golden brown.