If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A must have condiment for almost any Indian snack. This is an absolutely basic version that can be made at short notice. - Panfusine
Makes 1 cup
- 1.5 teaspoons Tamarind extract
- 1/3 cup Jaggery (gud) or dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Chopped dates,
- 1 teaspoon toasted cumin seeds, powdered
- 1/8 teaspoon red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/8 cup hot water
- Soak the dates in the hot water till soft. Drain prior to blending, reserving the liquid.
- Combine tamarind extract, gud/ sugar & chopped dates in a food processor & blend till the dates have completely been mashed up & the sugar has dissolved. Add red chilli powder, salt & toasted cumin powder & mix well. Add the reserved liquid to dilute if needed.
- Keeps for ~ 1 week in the refrigerator
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.