If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have been tempted to make a blonde pizza all week long, and tonight I succumbed. This was great fun to make. —Sagegreen
Makes on pizza
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 10-12 white peppercorns, crushed
- pizza dough (@ 22 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon corn meal
- 2-3 ounces olive oil
- 4 cippolini onions, sliced
- 2 small yellow onions, sliced
- @1-2 ounces fennel bulb, sliced
- 6-8 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 ounces mushrooms (mine are wild boletus from Belarus!)
- 2 scallion stalks, sliced into rounds
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella
- 3 ounces ciliegine or ovoline mozzarella, sliced
- 3 ounces Bulgarian sheep's feta
- 3 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon Maldon salt flakes
- 1 tsp of spice such as caraway, aleppo pepper or nutmeg
- handful of mixed chopped herbs such as flat leaf parsley, cilantro, fennel fronds and basil
- Preheat the oven to 450. In a pan toast the sesame seeds and crushed white peppercorns. Set aside.
- Heat a pizza stone for 15 minutes in the oven.
- Coat the bottom of a pan with olive oil and bring to medium high heat. Add the sliced onions, fennel and garlic. Saute until caramelized.
- Shape the dough to form a large circle, about 12 inches in diameter. Brush olive oil on it.
- When the pizza stone is ready, sprinkle the corn meal on the top. Stretch the dough to form that circle and place on top of the stone with the brushed olive oil side down. Brush top lightly with olive oil. Arrange the onions, fennel, scallions, mushrooms and garlic. Sprinkle the toasted sesame and peppercorns on top. Layer the all the cheeses ending with the shredded mozzarella. Lastly sprinkle the salt flakes and your selected spice(s).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Add fresh herbs just before serving. Good luck trying to have some leftovers for breakfast.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta
Our family just got bigger, but you'll see some familiar faces
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
We are in love—with this toast.
It's in the bag.