Author Notes: I love all of the ingredients in this pasta dish. It was inspired by a sausage ravoli, in brown butter with sage dish I had many years ago in an Italian restaurant in Italy. - recipegal
- 16 ounces penne
- 2-3 excellent quality mild Italian sausages
- 3/4 stick of butter
- 7 fresh sage leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Regianno Parmesan
- salt to taste
- Boil penne in salted water, drain and reserve 1/4 cup water .
- Cook Italian sausage, breaking it up in pieces.
- In a small sauce pan carefully brown butter. Remove from heat and add sage leaves.
- Toss penne with brown sage butter and then toss with sausage. If pasta is too dry add a little cooking water.
- Top with parmesan.