If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I found an old recipe for curried dip from a newspaper clipping of my mother's a few years ago. It was a cream cheese and beef consume blend. The only problem was that it looked dull. So I thought a layered effect might work. It did! The ricotta version looks very much like a geode or a piece of rustic glazed pottery. - erkitty
Serves 8 to 10 as an appetizer
- two 10.5 ounces cans of beef consume
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 4 tablespoons hot jalapeno pepper jelly
- 2 teaspoons curry powder-a moderate one
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 4 pieces whole grain Naan
- 4 ounces room temp cream cheese
- Add one envelope of gelatin to the two cans of consume and heat until gelatin is dissolved.
- Place 1/3 of the consume in a glass Pyrex bowl and allow to gel in the refrigerator for about one hour. Leave the remainder to cool room temp.
- Mix the cup of ricotta with the cream cheese, pepper jelly, chives and curry powder and chill. Chill remainder of consume so that it is thick but pourable-about ten minutes.
- Place ricotta in a pastry bag and pipe a layer on top of the firm consume. Pour the rest of the consume over ricotta and chill until firm.
- Cut Naan into pie shaped wedges, spray with canola oil and toast in the oven at 350 deg. For about 15 minutes.
- When the Hot Mess has become firm, dip the Pyrex bowl in hot tap water bath and turn onto a platter. Spoon over wedges of toasted Naan.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta