If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These mini ricotta cheesecakes are easy to throw together and quite decadent while still being somewhat healthy. I like the candied ginger in here- each piece is like a tasty little ginger jewel- but if you don't like ginger, you can try substituting chocolate chips (I think dark chocolate chips would be best)... - WinnieAb
- 1.5 cups ricotta cheese (use the freshesh one you can find)
- 1 cup plain whole milk yogurt, preferably organic
- 2 eggs, preferably organic and free-range
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder (I use fair-trade, organic cocoa powder)
- 1/3 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey (I used a dark wildflower honey)
- 1/4 cup candied/crystallized ginger, chopped into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the ricotta cheese together with the yogurt. Add the eggs and cocoa powder and mix on low-medium speed until well blended.
- Mix in the sugar and the honey, then add the crystallized ginger. Remove the bowl and mix by hand for a bit to make sure all the ingredients are well blended and the ginger pieces are incorporated throughout.
- Pour chocolate mixture into ramekins: if using small ones, you should be able to make 6 desserts.
- Place the ramekins on a sheet pan and place in the oven. Bake for about 1 hour, until the cheesecakes are set. These are great right out of the oven, or after they've chilled in the refrigerator.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate & Spice
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta