Author Notes: These require a bit of work and patience, but the end result is nothing short of divine. A few components create a delicious, crowd pleasing dish.
Use store bought tortillas, make some cashew sour cream and salsa verde and shred some romaine to complete this delicious meal.
http://knifestylesofthefitandfabulous.blogspot.com/2011/03/refried-black-bean-and-walnut-tacos.html - ChefShanaRachel
"Refried" Black Beans
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or veggie stock
- 1 small shallot, small diced
- 1 large or 2 medium cloves or garlic, minced
- 1 small jalapeno, brunoise (REALLY small dice)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 cups black beans, soaked (or 1 15 oz. can)
- 4 cups veggie stock or water
- 1/2 cup cashew cream (recipe separate)
- salt, to taste
Walnut Meat (From Matt Amsden - Rawvolution)
- 1 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons tamari or shoyu
- Combine walnuts, cumin and coriander. Mix well.
- Add tamari and mix well