If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have a fascination with bread puddings and try them at different places as often as possible. Bread puddings are so open to interpretation and i love seeing the nuances between different interpretations. - yellowforks
Serves 8-12 hungry folks
- 1 loaf day-old French bread
- 2-3 ripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup raw cane or turbinado sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup raisins
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces white chocolate (chopped into small pieces)
- 2 shots dark rum
- 1 cup toasted pecans (chopped)
- In a heavy sauté pan, melt 2-3 tbs. of butter
- Add 2-3 bananas (sliced) and saute for 2-3 minutes on medium high heat
- Add 1/4 cup of turbinado sugar and saute for additional 1-2 minutes
- Remove from heat, add 2 shots of rum and ignite. After alcohol burns off, set aside and combine other ingredients.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar and cream.
- Combine vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, raisins, white chocolate and bread cubes in bowl. Add bananas to mixture.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish (9"x13" for a thick bread pudding. If using a larger dish, reduce cook time to avoid drying out). Top with toasted pecans and bake @ 350 F for about an hour.
Dark chocolate rum sauce
- 3/4 cup heavy cream (or half and half)
- 8 ounces dark chocolate (at least 75% cacao)
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt butter over double boiler or low heat
- Add chocolate to melt
- Add cream and rum to mixture. Combine and serve over bread pudding
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish You (Intentionally) Set on Fire
Take Summer Food Inside
11 DIY projects to make when it's too hot to go outside.
Cool Eats for Hot Days
A Carry-On Cocktail Kit
Anna Jones Loves Vegetables
The Daily Grind
Italian Breakfast Buns