If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I first thought of this after using raspberries as a garnish on a key lime pie. I have made very slight variations to the joy of cooking's key lime recipe because I think it was great to begin with... - alexmr
Makes 1 pie
- 7 tablespoons Melted butter
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 3/4 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 1 Can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup plus 1 or 2 tbsp. Key lime juice ( fresh squeezed is always best!)
- 4 Egg yokes
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon raspberry jam
- 18 ounces Raspberries ( 3 x 6 oz. packages)
- First make the graham cracker pie crust. Combine the butter, graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup sugar. Pat the mixture into a 9" pie pan and bake on 375 for 7-10 minutes.
- For the filling:
- beat 4 egg yokes and condensed milk until well combined.
- add in 1/2 cup and 1 or 2 extra tablespoons fresh squeezed key lime juice. You can adjust depending on how tart you like it! I strain for seeds but like to leave a little pulp.
- Mix again adding 2 teaspoons lime zest
- Pour the pie filling into the cooked and cooled pie crust.
- Now time to fill the pie with raspberries. Using one 6oz. package of raspberries submerge the berries in the pie filling. You will see the tops of the raspberries showing through the key lime filling.
- Cook the pie at 375 for 20 minutes or until the filling is firm.
- Next raspberry sauce: Combine the second 6 oz. package of raspberries in a blender with the raspberry jam, 2 tbsp. sugar and 1 tbsp lemon juice. Strain the sauce and use as a garnish
- Top the pie with whipped cream and fresh raspberries and garnish plates with raspberry sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries