If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A beautiful dessert of dark chocolate and candied orange peels. —KitchenThymes
- 4 large oranges
- 8 ounces water
- 8 ounces sugar
- 16 ounces dark chocolate
- Slice the ends off of the oranges, score the peel from one end to the other, and remove the peels off the oranges.
- Slice the peels into thin strips and trim the edges.
- Using a medium size pot, place the peels in boiling water and blanch them for a few minutes. Rinse the peels, and repeat this process a second time. This is done to remove the bitterness of the peels.
- Prepare the simple syrup by combining the water and sugar in a sauce pot. Bring the syrup to a simmer, place the peels in the pot, and simmer for 1 hour. Once the peels have cooked, remove them from the pot, and place on a rack to cool and drain.
- Melt the dark chocolate over a double boiler. Dip the candied orange peels in the chocolate, remove them quickly.
- Store the orange peels in an airtight container.