If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am not sure of the exact origin of this recipe but I think it must have been something served at a bar or pub - its great a great spread to serve for cocktail hour. My dear friend served it at her house a while back, I demanded the recipe since it was sooo good and have been tweaking and serving it ever since. Serve with thin, really crispy crackers like those 360 wafers. —chuckleberry
Makes about 3 cups
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 3 ounces Cream Cheese
- 8 ounces Gouda Cheese - shredded about 2 cups - not the aged stuff, just regular gouda
- 2.5 tablespoons Prepared Horseradish
- 1.5 teaspoons White Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon White Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- With an electric mixer or by hand (I like to do it by hand), whip the cream just until it forms stiff peaks.
- Using a food processor, drop peeled garlic cloves into the feed tube while the machine runs. Process until the garlic is chopped.
- Cut the cream cheese into chunks and add them to the garlic in the workbowl.
- Add the Gouda, horseradish, vinegar, white pepper, and salt. Process until the mixture is completely smooth, scrapping down the sides of the work bowl as needed.
- Using the pulse button, process in the whipped creme just until blended. Cover and chill at least 2 hours, preferable overnight.
- Before serving, garnish with black pepper and bring to room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.