If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Salmon and horseradish are such a natural combination, and there is so much great citrus around right now, I couldn't resist the combo. I used blood oranges, which gave the beurre blanc a lovely, pinky, salmony color. The bright citrus with the tangy horseradish and piney rosemary are just wonderful together. Balancing and smoothing those flavors out are the butter, cream and sweet crabmeat. Finishing the salmon in the oven leaves it moist and silky. I was going to serve this on sauteed dandelion greens, but I made gingerroot's dandelion green and ricotta risotto with orange zest instead. Perfect side dish for the salmon! http://www.food52.com/recipes/10435_ricotta_risotto_with_dandelion_greens_and_orange - Burnt Offerings
Citrus, horseradish, rosemary and crabmeat beurre blanc
- 1/2 cup Blood orange juice (regular OJ is fine)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces (1 stick) of butter - cubed
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat
- Salt to taste
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook the orange juice, horseradish, wine, and rosemary sprig - reduce by 2/3.
- Add cream and reduce by 2/3 again
- Remove from heat and whisk in the butter, one piece at a time, until all the butter is fully incorporated
- Strain the beurre blanc through a strainer to remove solids.
- Carefully fold in the lump crabmeat and correct seasonings. Keep sauce warm while fish is cooking.
Pecan and citrus crusted salmon
- 4 6 oz. salmon fillets
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons corn meal
- 2 tablespoons ground pecan pieces
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 375'.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients except the salmon and olive oil.
- Rinse the salmon fillets and pat dry. Remove any pin bones with tweezers
- Rub the salmon fillets with 1 Tbl of olive oil
- Pour the nut coating onto a plate and thoroughly coat each salmon fillet with the nut mixture on all sides.
- In an oven proof saute pan large enough to hold all the fillets, heat the remaining 2 tbl of olive oil until shimmering.
- When the pan is hot, place the fillets, skin side down and sear the fillets for one minute
- Place pan in the oven and roast for 10-12 minutes depending on their thickness.
- Place a fillet on a plate and carefully spoon the beurre blanc over top, placing lumps of crabmeat everywhere.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce