Author Notes: Sweet, hot, smooth, salty. Crunchy, caramelised pecan nuts.
Great on a sarnie, great on steaks. - Kitchen Butterfly
Makes a portion sufficient for 2 sarnies and 4 steaks
- 6 pecan nuts, raw
- 2 teaspoons dulce de leche
- 3 tablespoons soft, unsalted butter
- 1-2 teaspoons prepared horseradish paste/sauce
- Pinch of salt
- In a pan, gently toast the pecans on low to medium heat till they darken slightly and a warm all through. Remove from heat and add 1 teaspoon dulce de leche to the nuts in the pan, stirring to ensure they are coated. Remove onto a plate or rack and allow cool down. Once cold, chop into small pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, remaining teaspoon of dulce de leche, the horseradish (to taste) and then check for seasoning and balance. Season accordingly with the salt and fold in the caramelised pecans. Refrigerate till ready to use
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish