If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: While I do love custard based ice creams, this one solved two problems: I wanted to make and eat some ice cream right away, and I needed to use up a batch of homemade crème fraîche before it went "south". All you do here is blend the ice cream ingredients, then freeze in an ice cream maker- no tempering the yolks, waiting for the custard to cool, etc. This is best right out of the ice cream maker when it has a soft and fabulous texture; it will harden up considerably after being in the freezer overnight. If you'd like to make your own creme fraiche, you can find the recipe I used on my blog: http://www.healthygreenkitchen.com/diy-creme-fraiche.html - WinnieAb
Food52 Review: WHO: WinnieAb is a food writer and photographer from New Paltz, NY.
WHAT: A delicate, not-too-sweet ice cream that's (almost) instant gratification.
HOW: Blend your base, pour it into the ice cream maker, and eat it as soon as it emerges.
WHY WE LOVE IT: We love that this ice cream is made with just four ingredients that we're likely to have on hand this time of year. The texture of this is best right out of the ice cream maker -- so get ready to eat it immediately! - A&M
Serves 4 to 6
- 2 cups sliced organic strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups crème fraîche (I used homemade)
- 1 cup milk, half and half or heavy cream (I used milk)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Freeze in your ice-cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- This recipe is a Wildcard Contest Winner!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!