If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The ultimate kid comfort food in Israel, in a little more grown up version. Try it warm or the next day cold in a sandwich with hummus and pickles. Crunchy, yummy and but still juicy. - Cordelia
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons good dijon mustard
- 1/3 bunch parsley
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2-3 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- olive oil
- You can start with either clean cut chicken tenders or if you start with a whole breast cut the breast to halves and then butterfly each half in the middle and cut to two pieces. I like to keep the tenders about 1/2 inch thick, but you can make them a little thiner by pounding them a bit.
- Wash the parsley and chop only the leaves finely. Mix the eggs, mustard, parsley, paprika, salt and pepper well in a shallow dish.
- Create an assembly line: spread the flour in a shallow plate, next have the egg mixture and lastly spread the panko in another shallow dish in a thin layer.
- Pour olive oil to a shallow and wide pan until it is half inch deep. Warm the oil on a medium high hit, until just under smoking point.
- Prepare the chicken tenders in the meantime:
- first cover both sides of each tender with flour, sake well the excess
- Deep in the egg mixture
- lastly cover with panko, squeeze each side of the tender few into the panko, until you get even cover.
- Put in the hot oil and cook for about 7 min on each side until golden brown, but not too dark brown. don't cook for too long, so they won't dry out.
- Drain the excess oil by letting them rest on paper towel for few minutes. Watch that the tenders don't get dark too quickly, if so lower the hit a bit, but dont let the oil cool too much.
- Don't crown the pan too much and try to get as many crumbs out in between batches.
- Keep the made ones in 200 oven while cooking the other batches.
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.