If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Perogies are a traditional polish dish. For this vegan take on the dish I decided to mix it up and try my hand at an Indian inspired version. I briefly froze each dumpling after I created it, this helped me finish them all before I started steaming them. You will notice that my folding abilities are not the strongest, but the flavor is good! Please feel free to use another kind of chutney if you do not have winter chutney on hand. I think even a good strong duck sauce would work if you can’t find anything more suitable. Feel free to play with your flavors, and taste the mixture as you go. One word to the wise- remember once you steam the dumplings the potato mixture will almost melt, so don’t let the starting texture freak you out! —cdesimone
- 1 ½ cups instant mash potato flakes.
- 1 cup fat free soy milk (or enough to moisten)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chives
- 1 teaspoon green onion
- 1 teaspoon finaily chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Tahinah or Tahini
- 2 teaspoons sweet yellow curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 cup chutney (I used Homemade Winter Chutney)
- 1 bunch egg roll dumpling wrappers
- Mix the mash potato flakes and soy milk in a bowl.
- Add the spices and soy sauce
- With your hands roll a heaping teaspoon of the potato mixture and place it at an angle the center of a dumpling wrapper.
- With your finger or a spoon create and indent in the center of the mixture.
- Place ½ teaspoon of chutney in the center of the potato mixture.
- Moisten the edge of the wrapper with a few drops of water. Fold the dumpling. (I made some of them like a egg roll and other I made into small packages or bundles like prerogies)
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan, and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer.
- Cover, and bring the water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the dumplings, recover, and steam until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with the winter chutney as a dipping sauce
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dumplings
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.