If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A common snack in the region, the curry puff is one of several "puff" type pastries with different fillings, though now it is by far the most common. Other common varieties include meat and onions or potato and onion
Originally Curry puffs were introduced from 1511 by the Portuguese who called it Empanada.
An empanada is a stuffed bread or pastry baked or fried in many countries of Latin America and the south of Europe. The name comes from the verb empanar, meaning to wrap or coat in bread. Empanada is made by folding a dough or bread patty around the stuffing. The stuffing can consist of a variety of meats, vegetables
- Puff pastry sheets-1(readymade)
- Eggs 3
- Chopped onions 2 cup
- Ginger sliced 1 tbsp
- Garlic sliced 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- chili powder 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil 3 tsp
- Thaw the pastry sheet by leaving it out in room temperature for about an hour or so.
- Boil the eggs and take the shell. Cut each egg vertically(lengthwise)into two halves.
- Heat oil in the pan. Fry onion until it gets brown. Then add ginger and garlic.
- Fry till its golden brown
- Then add coriander powder and chili powder. Then add egg halves, sauté for 2 minutes.
- Slowly unfold the sheet and cut into 6 square pieces. Roll each piece with rolling pin to make it little thinner.
- Put egg half in each of them along with onion Gravy, bring two corners into middle and close them with help of little water.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree centigrade
- Place the puffs on a baking tray and bake for 30 to 45 minutes or till they turn golden brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dumplings
We're obsessed with savory yogurt
Savory yogurt is whey cool.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
DIY Nutter Butters.
We give it 8 tentacles up.