Author Notes: Despite what common sense might be telling you, these are good. Really good. - freshandfoodie
- 1.5 pounds ground sirloin
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 small shallot, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons grill seasoning
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 pieces thick-cut bacon, cooked until crispy
- In a large bowl, gently combine all the the burger ingredients (sirloin through grill seasoning) until well mixed. Form into 4 equally-sized patties that are about an inch or so in thickness.
- On a preheated grill (I used charcoal), cook burgers for approximately 3-4 minutes per side, or until cooked to your desired doneness. (4 minutes per side should get you about medium depending on how hot your grill is.) Remove burgers from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes so the juices redistribute.
- To assemble, top each burger with a tablespoon of peanut butter and a slice of bacon (that’s been halved and laid on the top of the burger like an X) and sandwich it between the toasty buns.