If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is 2 recipes in one. A simple cold brew coffee and a delightful coffee smoothie. Cold brew coffee is a bit better for the body in that it's less acidic and lower in caffeine. It can be heated later and still yield the same results, and can be kept in the fridge in a jar for up to 2 weeks.
The brew is a great starter for any coffee drink, so have fun with it, add nut butters, vanilla beans, ice cream, anything! This version is very warming with the cinnamon and date syrup, but feel free to add dates or molasses instead if you don't have the syrup. I layered a few sweeteners here, I like the taste, but again, see what works for you. I hope you like it! - Lora Krulak
Cold Brew Coffee
- 6 tablespoons organic ground coffee
- .5 gallons filtered water
- Fill 3 tea bags (I like the Japanese ones that fold over and seal themselves) with at least 2 Tablespoons each of ground coffee and add to 1/2 gallon of cold filtered water. Let the brew steep on the counter for at least 12 hours and then put in the fridge for another 12. This may seem extreme, but it makes for a very tasty brew.
The Mocha-Coco Smoothie
- 1.25 cups cold brew coffee
- .25 cups goat milk (or any milk)
- .5 avocado
- handful ice
- 2 (heaping) teaspoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons date syrup
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 4 dashes cinnamon
- 1 dash sea salt
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend on high. You may need to adjust the amount of sweetness depending on how sweet you like your drinks.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coffee
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce