Author Notes: Based on a recipe from Paula Deen - CookingMomTR
- 3 pounds Bone in Short Ribs
- 1/2 to 1 cup Flour
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup Strong coffee
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven, and brown ribs on all sides.
- Deglaze the pan with wine and coffee, scraping up the brown bits. Continue heating sauce until it is reduced to 1/2.
- Return the meat, along with the remaining ingredients, to the pot. Bake in a 400 degree oven until the meat is falling off the bone, about 3 1/2 hours.
- Remove the ribs from the pan. Strain the sauce into a sauce pan and reduce until syrupy. Add a knob of butter to finish the sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste. Transfer the ribs and sauce to a serving dish and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coffee