Author Notes: Being it's a rainy and cold Sunday, I decided to try my hand at creating a confection that was easy to execute, albeit a little messy. Using A&M's tips for melting chocolate, and embracing this week's theme, this little recipe came about. I like the combination of crunchy, salty, sweet and the slightly bitter taste that the coffee imparts. - Bevi
Makes 40 to 50 chocolate covered almonds
- 40 to 50 Roasted and Salted Marcona Almonds
- 4 ounces Premium baking bar of white chocolate, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon Strong, hot black coffee
- 1/2 cup Fresh coarsely ground coffee beans
- Assemble all your ingredients.
- Using Amanda and Merrill's video to guide you, melt the chocolate in the microwave. Essentially, put 3/4 of the chocolate in a glass bowl in the microwave. When it is melted, ( it took me two 30-second passes) take the chocolate out and stir. Immediately add the rest of the chocolate and stir well.
- After you stir the melted chocolate, immediately add the tablespoon of coffee and keep stirring.
- Start dipping the almonds in the melted chocolate/coffee mixture. Work quickly because the chocolate will seize in a matter of minutes.
- Using a fork, place the chocolate-dipped almonds on a parchment-lined tray. Immediately sprinkle the ground coffee beans on the almonds.
- Let the almonds set until hardened, and serve as treats, or use in other recipes as garnish.