If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These goodies are a nice little host or hostess gift with a tiny boost of caffeine, and who doesn't love chocolate? I like the combination of crunchy, salty, sweet and the slightly bitter taste that the coffee imparts. —Bevi
Makes 40 to 50 chocolate covered almonds
- 40 to 50 Roasted and Salted Marcona Almonds (Costco sells a good product)
- 4 ounces Premium baking bar of white chocolate, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon Strong, hot black coffee
- 1/2 cup Fresh coarsely ground coffee beans
- Assemble all your ingredients.
- Put 3/4 of the chocolate in a glass bowl in the microwave. When it is melted, ( it took me two 30-second passes) take the chocolate out and stir. Immediately add the rest of the chocolate and stir well.
- After you stir the melted chocolate, immediately add the tablespoon of coffee and keep stirring.
- Start dipping the almonds in the melted chocolate/coffee mixture. Work quickly because the chocolate may seize in a matter of minutes.
- Using a fork, place the chocolate-dipped almonds on a parchment-lined tray. Immediately sprinkle the ground coffee beans on the almonds.
- Let the almonds set until hardened, and serve as treats, or use in other recipes as garnish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Road Trip Snack
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Bite Party Snack
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Confection
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coffee
Get Baking This Labor Day
These recipes are worth a little kitchen labor
Get baking this Labor Day.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Storage made crystal clear.