If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A chocolate-substitute brownie that's rich and strong. - Anthony Chiffolo
Makes 2 dozen
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon mace
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup carob powder
- 1 cup bee honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and mace. Stir in oatmeal. Melt the butter in a small pan over low heat. Add carob powder and honey and blend well, removing from heat. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and gradually add the carob mixture. Add the coffee, pistachios, and almond extract and mix well.
- Pour into an oiled 8? square pan and bake for about 35 minutes, or until done.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coffee
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Add flower power to your espresso.