Author Notes: My mother liked cooking a Leg Of Lamb for a special occassion. I just took our love of a leg of lamb and seasoned it with flavoring I enjoy. - Jim Stanton
Serves 8 - 10.
- 7-8 pound leg of lamb, boned and rolled.
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 1/2 cup freshly brewed strong coffee
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 sprigs cognac or brandy
- Preheat oven to 35degrees Fahrenheit.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Makes several slits in top and side of meat and insert garlic slices.
- Place lamb on roastin rack and bake 5 minutes.
- Pour cranberry juice over meat and continue roasting. Baste every 10 minutes with cranberry juice and pan drippings for the first hour of roasting.
- Prepare coffee and combine with cream and sugar.
- Baste lamb with coffee mixture every 10 minutes, using a little at a time, until lamb is cooked as desired and is beautifully glazed.
- You will roast about 20 minutes per pound for medium.
- Cover lamb with foil to rest for 20 minutes.
- Make gravey by adding pan juices into a small saucepan and degrease. Bring to a simmer, add cognac, and continue to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Slice lamb and arrange on a serving platter. Pass gravy with lamb.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coffee