Author Notes: This brisket has long been a neighbourhood favourite; so much so that Mrs. H almost dreads the get-togethers because she knows exactly what she's bringing. It's remarkably simple and wonderful and goes beautifully with the barbeque sauce and flour tortillas - matthewreznicek
- 1 Brisket
- 1-2 cup Strong Coffee
- Trim the fat off the brisket
- Place brisket in a roasting pan big enough to fit
- Pour coffee over the brisket. You're not boiling it, so 1 or 2 cups will do just fine.
- Cover tightly and bake in an 225-250 F oven for 24 hours
- 1 hour before serving remove from oven and trim excess fat. Drain drippings and slice the brisket.
- Pour barbeque sauce over the brisket
Mrs. H's Barbeque Sauce
- 14 ounces Ketchup
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Prepared Mustard (like French's)
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Smoke
- 3 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 10 ounces Coca Cola
- 1-2 dash Tobasco
- Mix all ingredients well in a bowl.