If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This brisket has long been a neighbourhood favourite; so much so that Mrs. H almost dreads the get-togethers because she knows exactly what she's bringing. It's remarkably simple and wonderful and goes beautifully with the barbeque sauce and flour tortillas —matthewreznicek
- 1 Brisket
- 1-2 cups Strong Coffee
- Trim the fat off the brisket
- Place brisket in a roasting pan big enough to fit
- Pour coffee over the brisket. You're not boiling it, so 1 or 2 cups will do just fine.
- Cover tightly and bake in an 225-250 F oven for 24 hours
- 1 hour before serving remove from oven and trim excess fat. Drain drippings and slice the brisket.
- Pour barbeque sauce over the brisket
Mrs. H's Barbeque Sauce
- 14 ounces Ketchup
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Prepared Mustard (like French's)
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Smoke
- 3 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 10 ounces Coca Cola
- 1-2 dashes Tobasco
- Mix all ingredients well in a bowl.
Get Baking This Labor Day
These recipes are worth a little kitchen labor
Get baking this Labor Day.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Storage made crystal clear.