Author Notes: my own improvisation on a classic: the brownie. These are the right combination of fudgey and cakey, salty and sweet. They also are made of ingredients in my everyday pantry. - Allistew
Serves 9 decently sized brownies
- 9 tablespoons Butter
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 pinches sea salt
- in a saucepot over a low flame, melt the sugar and butter together. Once melted, add the cocoa powder and espresso powder.
- preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. also butter a 9x9 brownie/cake pan. (I use a round one because I don't have a square).
- once the ingredients above are melted together, turn the heat off, and wait for it to cool a little. Once sufficiently cool, add the vanilla extract, then the eggs, one by one, beating them in so its fully incorporated.
- add flour, again whisking the flour in slowly so that it is fully incorporated.
- pour the batter into the buttered cake pan. To your liking, sprinkle sea salt on top, so that it is evenly distributed.
- Place in oven, in the middle rack. Bake for approximately 25 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coffee