If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These heavenly adult ice pops were created with the dreaded 3pm slump in mind. What better way to treat yourself than a creamy, cardamom-infused cool coffee pick-me-up?
Since these take a while to set, plan on making them early in the day or the day before you'll need them. - Elizabeth Howes —Elizabeth Howes
Food52 Review: I can definitely see myself keeping these ice pops stocked in the freezer through the warm summer months for an afternoon pick-me-up. They're just slightly sweet and spicy with an ample coffee kick. I loved the heady flavor of coffee and cardamom together. My only difficulty was was pinpointing the right time to add the chocolate powder: my pops were too liquid to work with for much longer than 1-1/2 hours and I wound up just letting them set all the way before adding the powder. They turned out fine though (if a tad grittier than they might have been otherwise)! - vrunka
Makes about 8 ice pops
- 4-5 cups freshly brewed coffee (French press coffee works very well)
- 5-6 cardamom pods, seeds removed and lightly toasted
- 2 cups organic cream or soymilk
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 cup Guittard semi-sweet chocolate, finely crushed
- Toast the cardamom seeds in a dry sauté pan until fragrant. Add directly to the grounds and brew coffee.
- Combine the cardamom-infused coffee, cream and honey. Pour mixture into ice pop molds or 2 ounce glass cups and place in freezer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove from freezer. Once somewhat set, insert wooden ice pop sticks and dust the top of each ice pop with chocolate powder, pressing the chocolate gently to set.
- Place back in freezer for 3-4 + hours until completely frozen and set.
- Remove from molds and serve immediately. * Note: the coffee mixture can be made any way you enjoy by adding more/less cream and/or honey.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coffee
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Off to market.