If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Two of my favorite flavors of Hawaii are Kona coffee and macadamia nuts...they pair nicely in this simple biscotti recipe. - inpatskitchen
Food52 Review: This unique, and easy to make, spin on biscotti is a Hawaiian vacation and caffeine jolt all in one. The bold flavor of Kona coffee and toasted macadamia nuts, which are two quintessentially Hawaiian flavors, work well together and give these biscotti a slightly savory taste. If you are looking for the perfect treat to bake that will both brighten someone’s day and make you look like a varsity-level baker, this is your recipe! Biscotti's long shelf life make this easy to make ahead, and I believe the combination of coffee and macadamia nuts appeal to to most people. I will definitely be making these for the coffee-lovers in my family for the holidays! - Abbie C
Makes about 15 pieces
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons very finely ground Kona coffee (or a Kona blend)
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 325° F. Place the nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast them for about 8 minutes. Let cool and then coarsely chop.
- Lower the oven temperature to 300° F.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and coffee in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture. Thoroughly combine. Stir in the chopped nuts.
- Shape the dough into a log about 10 to 12 inches long and 3 to 4 inches wide. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until firm. Leave the oven on.
- Cool the log on a rack for about 15 minutes and then place the log on a cutting board and cut into 1/2-inch slices (on the diagonal if you wish) using a serrated knife.
- Place the biscotti back on the parchment lined sheet and bake for 10 more minutes. Turn them over and bake another 10. Cool.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vanilla
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Confection
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coffee
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.