If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Two of my favorite flavors of Hawaii are Kona Coffee and Macadamia Nuts...they pair nicely in this simple biscotti recipe. - inpatskitchen
Makes about 15 pieces
- 1 cup Macadamia nuts
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons very finely ground Kona coffee ( or a Kona blend)
- pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Set the oven at 325F. Place the nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast them for about 8 minutes. Let cool and then coarsely chop.
- Lower the oven temp to 300F.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and coffee in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture. Thoroughly combine. Stir in the chopped nuts.
- Shape the dough into a log about 10-12 inches long and 3-4 inches wide. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until firm. Leave the oven on.
- Cool the log on a rack for about 15 minutes and then place the log on a cutting board and cut into 1/2 inch slices ( on the diagonal if you wish) using a serrated knife.
- Place the biscotti back on the parchment lined sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Turn them over and bake another 10. Cool.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vanilla
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Confection
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coffee