Author Notes: Two of my favorite flavors of Hawaii are Kona Coffee and Macadamia Nuts...they pair nicely in this simple biscotti recipe. - inpatskitchen
Makes about 15 pieces
- 1 cup Macadamia nuts
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons very finely ground Kona coffee ( or a Kona blend)
- pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Set the oven at 325F. Place the nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast them for about 8 minutes. Let cool and then coarsely chop.
- Lower the oven temp to 300F.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and coffee in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture. Thoroughly combine. Stir in the chopped nuts.
- Shape the dough into a log about 10-12 inches long and 3-4 inches wide. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until firm. Leave the oven on.
- Cool the log on a rack for about 15 minutes and then place the log on a cutting board and cut into 1/2 inch slices ( on the diagonal if you wish) using a serrated knife.
- Place the biscotti back on the parchment lined sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Turn them over and bake another 10. Cool.