If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Because I needed an excuse to buy more coffee products.
These cookies are crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside, with a strong espresso taste up front. I like milk chocolate for the chips — it mellows out some of the bitterness of the coffee, and highlights the tartness of the dried cherries. - charitydinner
Makes 20 cookies
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup dried cherries
- In a small saucepan, dissolve 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tbsp instant espresso powder in 2 tbsp water over medium low heat. Cook the mixture until it starts to foam, whisking frequently, making a thin caramel. Remove from heat.
- Cream 1 cup dark brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated white sugar with 1 cup shortening. Stir in 2 eggs, beaten, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tbsp heavy cream and the espresso caramel.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp cornstarch and 1 tsp salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet. Fold in the chopped chocolate and dried cherries.
- Scoop cookie dough onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 6 minutes, turn the pan, and bake for 5 more minutes. Cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
- Milk is a highly accompaniment recommended, if not a vital one.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coffee
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls