If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The first time I visited my boyfriend's family in his home town his mother made this recipe for us. I remember waking up to the smell, that was perfuming the entire house. This is one of those simple recipes that comes together to be so delicious that its hard to believe it has so few ingredients. You cook the vegetables until they break down into a sauce that surrounds the pork pieces. I could eat it everyday! Serve with corn tortillas, and Mexican crema. - The DuelingDoctors
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 3 tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound pork chops, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 ears of corn, kernels removed
- cilantro, chopped
- In a large skillet over medium heat add the olive oil and zucchini. Sweat the zucchini for 5 minutes, do not brown it.
- After 5 minutes, add the tomatoes, jalapeno, onion, garlic, pork, and cumin. Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes, until the vegetables start to break down into a thick sauce.
- Once the vegetables cook down add the corn kernels. Cook for 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with cilantro, and serve with corn tortillas and Mexican crema (or sour cream). Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Fact: Kids love pizza.
Mortar and pestle perfection.