If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was an entry into a contest in which I had to come up with a creative way to use fresh wasabi. I felt that it really combined all of my favorite foods and flavors...pasta, thai curry, sweet potatoes, and of course, the almighty wasabi...thus tying together both my ethnic background (I'm Italian) as well as my love of Asian foods and flavors! —eatswellwithothers
Homemade Ginger-Infused Fettuccine
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Combine the flours and salt in a bowl or work surface, creating a well in the center. Crack the eggs into the well. Using a mixer or by hand, slowly mix, incorporating the egg into the flour mixture a little at a time. Once you have a dry shaggy dough, mix in the gingers, olive oil and water. Knead until dough is fairly smooth and homogeneous.
- Divide the dough into four portions and cover with a damp towel. Allow to rest for 20 minutes. Using a pasta maker (or rolling by hand!) thin and cut the pasta as desired.
- To cook, boil in salted water until al dente, about 3-4 minutes. Drain well and serve.
Curried Sweet Potato Wasabi Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 14 ounces light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon red currry paste
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated wasabi
- 3 1/2 teaspoons coconut or brown sugar
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 16 ounces frozen peas
- 1 pound homemade ginger pasta or stringy pasta of your choice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook sweet potatoes in it until fork-tender.
- Mash sweet potatoes. Place in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Mix in the coconut milk, red curry paste, wasabi, coconut sugar, and juice from half a lime. Turn heat to low and simmer for 5-10 minutes so flavors can meld. Add in the peas and cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss with pasta and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For
Go Greek (Yogurt)
The secret to lighter, tangier whipped cream
Yogurt whipped cream: your new go-to.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
Savor the season.
Churn with confidence.
A board to go nuts over.