If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was a staple growing up since we're from Eastern Europe. Mom always made this with pork. Side dishes MUST be potatoes and a cucumber salad.
This cucumber side dish is so wonderful that I make it with other things and people always ask for the recipe.
It's simple and delicious and even good for entertaining.
For the cucumber side dish: grate 2 peeled cucumbers and
add apple cider vinegar (1/4 cup), 1T sugar and 2T water. Let it marinate a few hours and then drain most of the liquid away. Adjust seasoning.
Believe me this is great with anything. —blanka.n
- 4-8 Thin sliced pork loin cutlets
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cups plain bread crumbs
- oil for frying
- Pound pork til very thin - about an 1/8 of an inch and salt and pepper both sides.
- Take three shallow dishes. Whisk egg & milk in one. Fill one with flour and the third with bread crumbs.
- Take cutlets and and salt and pepper on both sides. Dredge each one in flour, (shake of excess flour) then the egg mixture and finally the bread crumbs. Continue til all are breaded.
- Fill a large cast iron or heavy steal skillet about an inch up in pan and heat til almost smoking. (when a piece of bread crumb sizzles, you know you're ready.) Fry approximately 2 minutes on each side and turn over and cook another minute or two. With tongs, remove to a paper towel-lined plate and sprinkle with salt. Keep frying and leave finished schnitzels in a preheated 200 degree oven.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedge. Variation: serve with fried egg and anchovy on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For
Be a Burger King (or Queen)
Here are some masterful mix-ins
Be the burger king (or queen) of mix-ins.
The magic of KonMari.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Winner of Your Best Middle Eastern Recipe.
Get your shine on.