If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love chocolate and fruit so I've added candied orange peel to this simple, elegant—not to mention gluten-free—cake adapted from Craig Claiborne. —Giulia Melucci
- 6 ounces good quality dark chocolate, melted and cooled
- 5 eggs separated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup candied orange peel, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 7-inch springform pan.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until the mixture has thickened and the color had lightened a bit. Stir in the chocolate. Fold in the walnuts and the orange peel.
- Whip the egg whites with salt until very light and fluffy. Fold them into the chocolate mixture, then pour all of it into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until top is round and springy. Cool in pan. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve with whipped or vanilla ice cream, if you like.
Orange You Glad?
A better, more carrot-y carrot cake
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Meet beaver tails.
Get your shine on.