If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have been seeing a lot of tartines in the media and in bakeries and I thought that it might be a really simple way to impress my friend who was coming over for dinner.
No joke. This was so simple and It was super happy making! —SoTastyIWannaMarryIt
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh sliced strawberries
- 3 tablespoons baking/superfine sugar
- The zest of one Lemon
- 2 cups Almond Meal
- 1 packet pie dough
- In a bowl mix strawberry slices, sugar, and lemon zest. Let sit so flavors can marry.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking pan. Place pie crust flat on the baking sheet. (If you want to make your own pie crust, that is fine. I just find for time purposes and not to feel to overwhelmed by cooking for guests that it is easiest to just buy it)
- Place almond meal in the center of the dough and flatten to make a circle. This is meant to soak up and juices that come out of the berries and not soak into the crust.
- Place the strawberry mixture on top of the almond meal (Save the strawberry juice that is left over) and fold the sides over in a five sided formation. Don't worry if their seems to be too many strawberries. They will cook down and become flat.
- (Optional) Beat an egg and brush the pie crust with egg wash to make in shine.
- Place baking sheet in oven set to 400°F. Set in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
Cheesecaked Whipped Cream
- 1/2 packet softened cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons leftover strawberry juice
- Juice from one Lemon
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 4 tablespoons bakers sugar (or to taste)
- Blend together softened cream cheese, lemon juice, strawberry juice, Set aside. Don't worry if the cream cheese doesn't blend completely.
- Whip whipping cream and sugar.
- Gently fold cream cheese mixture into whipping cream.
- Serve a slice of tart with a dollop of Cheesecaked whip cream and enjoy!