Author Notes: I have been seeing a lot of tartines in the media and in bakeries and I thought that it might be a really simple way to impress my friend who was coming over for dinner.
No joke. This was so simple and It was super happy making! - SoTastyIWannaMarryIt
- 1 1/2 cup Fresh sliced strawberries
- 3 tablespoons baking/superfine sugar
- The zest of one Lemon
- 2 cups Almond Meal
- 1 packet pie dough
- In a bowl mix strawberry slices, sugar, and lemon zest. Let sit so flavors can marry.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking pan. Place pie crust flat on the baking sheet. (If you want to make your own pie crust, that is fine. I just find for time purposes and not to feel to overwhelmed by cooking for guests that it is easiest to just buy it)
- Place almond meal in the center of the dough and flatten to make a circle. This is meant to soak up and juices that come out of the berries and not soak into the crust.
- Place the strawberry mixture on top of the almond meal (Save the strawberry juice that is left over) and fold the sides over in a five sided formation. Don't worry if their seems to be too many strawberries. They will cook down and become flat.
- (Optional) Beat an egg and brush the pie crust with egg wash to make in shine.
- Place baking sheet in oven set to 400°F. Set in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
Cheesecaked Whipped Cream
- 1/2 packet softened cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons leftover strawberry juice
- Juice from one Lemon
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 4 tablespoons bakers sugar (or to taste)
- Blend together softened cream cheese, lemon juice, strawberry juice, Set aside. Don't worry if the cream cheese doesn't blend completely.
- Whip whipping cream and sugar.
- Gently fold cream cheese mixture into whipping cream.
- Serve a slice of tart with a dollop of Cheesecaked whip cream and enjoy!