Author Notes: This recipe is just like me sweet, multilayered, quick to get ready and has some hootch in it lol
I came up with this because my sweetie wanted something chocolate, and I wanted something with raspberries in it. I asked him what he wanted, and thougnt well why not do BOTH?
Hence a beautiful looking dessert that satisfied both of us. - jane mcmillan
Serves 12 or more
- 32 ounces (two 16 oz) chocolate cream cakes from bakery, that is a choc cake with a light glaze on it, or make your own choc cake
- 14 ounces can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3.4 ounces package instant vanilla pudding
- 4 ounces frozen non dairy topping, thawed
- 6 tablespoons raspberry liquer
- 8 ounces raspberry preserves
- 3 pints fresh raspberries
- 2 sprigs mint for garnish
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, water, and extract until blended.
- Add the vanilla pudding and wisk for 2 minutes.
- Let stand until soft set, about 2 min,
- Cover and chill until partially set.
- Fold in non dairy topping.
- Cut cake into 1 inch cubes, either the bakery ones, or your own chocolate cake.
- Put 1/2 cake in the bottom of a trifle bowl, and sprinkle with 3 tbs of the liquer.
- Top with 1/3 cream mixture
- Carefully spread preserves over cream layer.
- Sprinkle with 3/4 of the raspberries.
- Add the rest of the cake, sprinkle the remaining 3 tbs liquor, layer of whipped cream.
- Sprinkle the reserved berries on top for garnish, and then the mint.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For