If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish makes a terrific weeknight meal or a very vency dinner party presentaiton with a minimal of work. Can be as spicy as you wish. - jwolfsthal
- 1 Whole Chicken, 4-5 lbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons oilve oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- .5 teaspoons cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- .5 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1 brock, wrapped in Aluminum foil (or heavy cast iron pan)
- wash and clean chicken.
- cut out back bone from chicken and press flat, breaking wishbone.
- put all spices in a grinder, or mortar and pestle and mix.
- add 1 TBSP olive oil to make a thick paste
- melt 1 TBSP butter and 1TBSP oil together and then run all over chicken, under and over skin and both sides.
- dust chicken with spice misture both sides and under skin
- place Chicken Skin-side down in pre-heated 375 degree oven on baking sheet. place heavy object (brick, pan, etc) on top of chicken.
- after 20 minutes, turn chicken over, replace heavy object and roast until done. Takes less than an hour.
- * NOTE - This dish is even better on the grill - roast skin side down for 10 minutes and then turn over and finish - done in 30 minutes or less.
- take out of over and spinkle lemon juice over chicken, serve.
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.