If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The basis for this recipe comes by way of the former Restaurant Vintage Park in Kearney, Nebraska. I think it’s the best chocolate chip recipe ever; not too crisp, not over cake-like. Just right. This version was inspired by a Cinco de Mayo fiesta I attended a couple of Cinco de Mayos ago. Chili, spices, aromatics, cocoa nibs and walnuts sounded delicious to me. It was a crowd pleasing treat, and I’ve made them a few times since. —SW Food Works
Serves 1 1/2 dozen 2-2.5 oz cookies
- 1 cup Butter
- 3/4 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Granulated White Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Fennel Seed
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Seed
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seed
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 2 1/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Nibs
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts
- 2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugars in a standing mixer or with a hand held beater until light and fluffy.
- Slowly incorporate one egg at a time until well mixed.
- Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Using a spice grinder, finely grind the cumin, coriander, and fennel seed.
- Reserve this spice mixture to a medium bowl and continue adding the remaining spice powders, flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Whisk this dry mixture together with a fork or wire whisk until the mixture is well combined.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the creamed butter and sugar mixture using the lowest setting on your mixer, or by hand with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Once combined, add the nuts, cocoa nibs, and chocolate chips all at once and mix until just incorporated.
- Portion out the dough and slightly flatten the cookies to 1/2 inch.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotating after 5 minutes for an even bake.
- Reserve to a wire rack for cooling.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate Cookie
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Off to market.