Author Notes: Grinding your own beef is easy and makes these a real treat wqith lots of meat flavor. I use a combination of Brisket, Sirloin and Chuck and shoot for a 75% lean mix. (Note - these work fine as meatballs too - just form and broil for 7 minutes in oven). - jwolfsthal
- 1 pound freshly ground beef
- .5 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 2 sprigs good olive oil
- 1 teaspoon worschestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- .25 cups chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- bring beef to room temperature
- add in all ingredients and mix well
- let sit 30 minutes and form into patties.
- cook on cast iron (the best) til done. You can cook to medium and retain a moist burger if a high enough fat content - I love these medium rare.