If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is a portuguese classic, served originally on hollydays like Christmas. - cookdoctor
- 4 pounds frozen octupus
- 1 onion
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch parsley
- 200 milliliters olive oil
- 2 pounds small new potatoes
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch grinded black pepper
- Cook the frozen octupus(cooking it frozen will make the flesh tender and smooth) in a steam pan for about 20 mn along with the onion;
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes for 15 mn, potatoes should be cooked trough but firm; press the potatoes gently with the palm of your hands on an plate until the skin begins to open.
- Remove the octupuss from the pan an cut the legs in pieces about three inches long;
- Smash the head cloves without peeling and add them to the olive oil in a baking tray; put the octupus pieces inside the tray add the boiled unpeeled potatoes, add salt and the black pepper and top with some sprigs of fresh parsley. Add some of the cooking liquid, mix all the ingredients and put it in the oven for about 30 mn or until potatoes and octupus look golden and almost caramelised.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Squid or Octopus Recipe
Prep Makes Perfect
Put your best pan forth.
Prep your pans for perfection.
Make better coffee.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Stop the soap opera.