If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One time, I made a similar cookie (one that also called for melted chocolate in the batter) with a Valrhona chocolate bar that, unbeknownst to me, was flavored with orange. My sister and I could not for the lives of us figure out what had made the cookies taste so good. Finally, a teacher (we had baked the cookies for a class of hers) came out with it: "I love the orange flavor," she said completely casually. That said, these cookies are great made with regular semi-sweet Ghiradelli chocolate chips, which is what I used here. More important is the quality of the cocoa powder--I like to use non-alkaline Scharffen Berger —Cara Eisenpress
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons Natural (not Dutch processed) cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In the microwave, nuke the semi-sweet chocolate chips until just barely melted, stirring to melt the last few chips. Set aside to come to room temperature.
- Cream the butter with the sugar and molasses until lightened and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and cream again.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder. Stir into the butter mixture just until all the flour is incorporated (the dough will be pretty tough). Stir in the milk chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into tablespoon-sized balls. Bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 8 minutes, then leave on the parchment to cool at least 10 minutes before eating.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate Cookie
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.