If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Every weekend I bake something for my grandson, and his classmate’s snacks. Being an excellent student and a very sweet six-grader boy, he deserves my efforts. He also takes most of the photos for me before everything is gon.
I try not to repeat to often the same cookie, muffin or biscotti.
The base for these Macaroons I took from Lucinda’s Scala Quinn recipe for Jam Macaroons, but instead of only granulated sugar, I used half of each. The brown sugar makes the final product softer.
I also added a tablespoon cocoa powder, Amaretto liqueur, and used chocolate instead of jam because my grandson don’t like’s any kind of preserves.
Thanks’ to Lucinda I now have a new cookie in my repertoire.
Serves makes 20
- •3 cups Almond flour or finely grinded blanched almonds
- •1/3 cup granulated sugar (organic)
- •1/3 cup light brown sugar (organic)
- • 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- • ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- • 3 large egg whites
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto liqueur
- • 1 cup white chocolate melted
- • ¼ cup dark chocolate melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl mix egg whites with the sugars and salt.Add cocoa powder, Almond Meal or grinded almonds, vanilla, and Amaretto liqueur; mix well until a ball forms of a very sticky dough.
- With wet hands, shape small balls (about a leveled tablespoon). Place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Using the back of a measuring teaspoon make an indentation in the center of each cookie. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until a little crackly.
- Cool for 10 minutes: transfer to a cooling rack. Meanwhile melt the chocolates, and spoon into each cookie; first the white, and when it sets, the dots of dark chocolate.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Confection
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.