If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Whenever you have something good in the refrigerator, any kind of pasta in the pantry, and a little imagination, it becomes a completely new recipe for any meal of the day. A little of this, a little of that; nearly anything can be brought to a new simple and delicious life.
Serves about 6 to 8
- • 2 cups leftover meat (turky,beef, pork, chicken, lamb or sausages) chopped in bite-size pieces
- • 2 tablespoons olive oil
- • 1 medium onion diced
- • 1 large or two small leeks (white part) sliced
- • 2 large garlic cloves minced
- • 2-3 medium zucchini unpeeled or 1 large eggplant cut in half and sliced in ¼ -inch pieces
- • 2 cups can tomatoes, drained
- • 1 cup good quality red wine
- • 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- • ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- • ¼ teaspoon nutmeg freshly ground
- • 2 teaspoons salt
- • ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- • 1/2 a pound pasta of your choice fresh cooked or leftover (al dente), I like Pappardelle
- • ½ cup grated Parmesan, Romano or Sharp White Cheddar cheese
- • 2-3 tablespoons fresh herbs of your choice(chopped)
- Brown the meat in oil; add onion, leeks, and salt; sauté until tender. Stir in zucchini, tomatoes, garlic, and wine, cinnamon, nutmeg, and red pepper flakes; sauté for about 10 minutes or until the mixture is reduced in half. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile cook pasta; before draining reserve ½ cup of the cooking liquid. If using leftover pasta, worm it in a double boiler. Gently mix everything together; fold in the fresh peas, chopped herbs, and cheese. If you fill that the mixture needs more moisture, add the reserved cooking liquid.
- Taste for seasoning; grease a four-quart casserole baking dish; pour the mixture, smooth-out the top. In a small bowl combine ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin olive oil and some more grated cheese. Sprinkle over the top and bake for 30 minutes in 400 degrees preheated oven.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Breakfast Baked Good
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe
Your New Main Squeeze
A tart, sunny lemon bar cheesecake
Lemon bar cheesecake takes the cake.
Recipe of the Day
Savor the season.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
A board to go nuts over.