If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These dinner rolls are easy to make and so delicious, I make these rolls every Thanksgiving without fail, my family loves them. They are soft and flavorful and so delicious when served warm with some butter, I got the recipe from my Mother and just recently found it on the King Arthur website under the title Amish Dinner Rolls. - sdebrango
- 2 Large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 6 tablespoons Butter at room temperature
- 1 cup Unseasoned mashed potato's, lightly packed
- 2 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 3/4 cup potato water (from the potato you boil ) cooled to room temperature
- 4 1/4 cups All purpose flour
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the dough hook combine all of the ingredients. Mix until the dough starts to leave the sides of the bowl, approximately 6 minutes. The dough should be smooth and shiny. Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, turn the dough so that its coated with the oil. Cover the bowl in plastic wrap, then cover with a kitchen towel and let it rise until its doubled in bulk in a warm place for 90 minutes.
- Once the dough has risen, remove from the bowl and on a lightly floured surface divide the dough into 15 pieces, each piece should be about the size of a handball. Gently roll the dough in your cupped hands until it forms a nice round ball. To make sandwich rolls form a slightly larger ball the recipe will yield approximately 12 larger rolls.
- Place the dough balls onto a parchment lined baking sheet leaving about 2 inches between each (You will have to use 2 sheet pans) Cover with lightly oiled plastic wrap and place a kitchen towel over them and let them rise again for 2 hours. Alternatively you can refrigerate the dough balls overnight and continue the rise in the morning.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- After the rolls have risen for 2 hours place in your pre-heated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. They will be golden brown and when you tap them with your finger there will be a hollow sound. Brush the tops of the rolls with melted butter,
Not Just for Shmear
How to make your leftover bagel even better.
Eat Bagels for Lunch.
Listing What We Like.
Go play outside!
DIY Herb Rubs
3 Ways to Compost