If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a wonderful weekday recipe. It is a main course that does not need a side. The peas and green onions bring out the taste of spring. Enjoy! - Table9
- 8 ounces Spaghetti Noodles
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- 15 ounces Fresh Ricotta
- 1/4 cup Pecorino, Finely Grated
- 3/4 cup Whole Milk
- 1 cup Green Peas, Fresh or Frozen
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Green Onions, Finely Chopped
- 6 Thin Slices Prosciutto
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large salted pot, bring water to a boil and drop spaghetti noodles. Remove spaghetti right 2 minutes before the noodles reach al dente.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, egg whites, fresh ricotta, milk, pecorino, nutmeg, salt and pepper to combine. Set aside.
- In an oven-proof 12 " skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook about 5 minutes until softened. Remove skillet from heat.
- To green onions, add spaghetti, peas, toss to combine. Pour egg mixture over the spaghetti. Arrange prosciutto over the top.
- Heat over medium-high heat until edges begin to brown, about 3-5 minutes. Place skillet in oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove, slice and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce
Style with a breeze.
The Poor Man's Parmesan
Satisfy your salty, crunchy, oily cravings -- without the price tag.
Recipe of the Day
Honey and Cornmeal Cake with Lemon and Herb Custard