If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: What makes this so cheap is you buy chicken when it is on sale, pork too. if you use thighs they are cheaper still.
The veggies, you can grow yourself of course, but if you buy in season, they are cheap too.
Since you are making ka bobs, you are using less meat, saves $$$, can feed more with less $$$, and the marinade will tenderize any cut of meat.
The most expensive thing is the fresh pineapple, which gives the dish so much punch, that it is for me necessary. —jane mcmillan
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh pork, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 4 ounces pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup teriyacki sauce
- 2 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 fresh whole pineapple, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 5 cups fresh veggies of your choice also cut into 1 inch cubes, We like peppers, green, red, yellow, zuchinni, mushrooms, red onion, anything fresh and in season.
- In a gallon zip lock bag put in your pork, and everything else except the pineapple.
- Massage the bag, put in a bowl (for leaks) and refrigerate, for several hours, I usually do this early in the day for supper that night.. I also turn the bag several times during the day.
- When ready to assemble, peel and cut the pineapple into 1 inch chunks, I find the canned pineapple bits are too whimpy, but sliced canned pineapple would work, here. Also the red onion, I cut into wedges, and seperate so I can use several layers to thread.
- Thread your kabobs in any order that you like but I recommend a piece of pineapple beside every piece of meat.
- I like metal for the kabobs, if you use bamboo be sure to soak first in water.
- Grill on medium high heat, turning until browned on all sides. You can use a stove top or gas or charcoal grill, whatever you like here.
- Serve with a side of quinola, rice, or even cous cous.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.