If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by a friend's Facebook post about Trader Joe clams. - askann
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 can Trader Joe's cherrystone clams
- 1 can diced tomato
- splash white wine or vermouth (optional)
- pinch oregano
- handful spinach or other greens
- 1/2 lb linguine
- Boil large pot of salted water.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil
- Add garlic. Stir until fragrant. Add red pepper flakes.
- Add liquid from canned clams -- but not the clams themselves -- and the can of tomatoes. Add wine or vermouth, if using. Simmer and allow to thicken.
- Add pasta to boiling water.
- When sauce is thickened, add clams and oregano.
- When pasta is done, reserve some pasta water and drain. Add to saucepan.
- Add spinach/greens and stir until wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner
Recipe of the Day
Strawberry, Rhubarb, and Lime Popsicles
Shop Spring Cleaning
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
An out of the blue use for a mason jar.
Simple, Springy Leek Soup